Ten Christian Brothers Academy student-athletes officially made their commitments to Division I and II colleges across the country on Wednesday’s National Signing Day.
The following seniors will play their sport at the collegiate level next year:
• Braedin Hunt (Baseball/Virginia Commonwealth University)
• Patrick Reilly (Baseball/Vanderbilt University)
• Mason Wolf (Baseball/Monmouth University)
• Ben Dupree (Swimming/Florida Southern College)
• Liam Morris (Swimming/Loyola University MD)
• Chris Arias (Track & Field/College of William & Mary)
• Eros Bottino (Track & Field/Harvard University)
• Liam O'Hara (Track & Field/University of Pennsylvania)
• Troy Hill (Cross Country/University of Pennsylvania)
• Nolan Kus (Cross Country/Quinnipiac University)
"On behalf of the CBA community, I would like to congratulate these fine student-athletes and their families on this special occasion,” Director of Athletics Vito Chiaravalloti said. “With a relentless, can-do spirit, they have worked hard in the classroom and in their sport to reach a level so many dream of reaching. It's been a privilege to watch them develop here at the Academy and we wish them well as they go on to accomplish great things at the next level."
The group of 10 students have won multiple state, conference and division titles during their time as Colts.
The trio of baseball players, Hunt, Reilly and Wolf, all played a role in helping CBA win its ninth Monmouth County Championship last spring. Dupree and Morris are two-time state champions and three-time conference champions with CBA Swimming.
Hill and Kus have been important distance runners for both the cross country and track & field teams at CBA. They have been a part of nine state championships across the three running seasons.
The three track & field student-athletes all won their respective events at last June’s outdoor state championship, a meet that CBA won by 41 points. Arias won the javelin event, Bottino was the winner in the discus throw, and O’Hara was victorious in the 400 meter hurdles.
CBA will hold additional signing days in February and April during the regular commitment period.