Join the coaching ranks of the record 13-time NJSIAA/Shop Rite Cup Champions for best athletics program!
Head Varsity Crew Coach
CBA is seeking a Head Varsity Crew coach to carry on the prestigious tradition of the program. This position reports to the Director of Athletics. Applicants should be willing and able to create and carry out training and guidance of athletes over the entire school year including pre-season summer months. Ideal candidates should have a strong foundation in rowing, developing training plans, race strategies, and creating schedules for the entire Crew Program. Applicants should also have expertise in the area of maintaining, purchasing, rigging, and transporting boats.
Applicants must have the ability to clearly communicate expectations of the team to administration, athletes, parents, and the press. Should have sufficient knowledge of program history, tradition, and success and be comfortable with maintaining, expanding, and elevating each. Applicants should have a clear understanding of national body rules as well as CBA guidelines and principles for Coaches, Student-Athletes, and the Athletic Department as a whole. Applicants will also be expected to take part in special events associated with the Athletic Department, Alumni Association, and Christian Brothers Academy.
- Involvement with and coordination of all aspects of the Crew program, including sub-varsity levels.
- Follow policies and procedures set for by Christian Brothers Academy and athletic director
- To hold safe, structured, fundamental-based practices, facilitate athletic development, supervise and provide a positive experience for all student-athletes.
- Maintain individual and team records, speak to the media, and promote individual and team accomplishments through various media outlets, including posting scores and using social media
- Maintain a current inventory of equipment and suggest future enhancements and improvements for the program
- Budgeting for yearly expenses as well as creating a plan for long-term capital expenditures.
- Oversee that athletes are participating in strength and conditioning
- Ability to mentor student-athletes, while emphasizing faith and service
- Previous high school coaching experience is preferable
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with student-athletes
- Proven ability to act in a professional manner in adverse situations
- Advanced knowledge of the sport
- Willingness and desire to be involved in all aspects of building a successful program
Interested candidates should send a resume and vision statement by 7/1/22 to: Michael Mazzaccaro, Athletic Director - firstname.lastname@example.org