The NCAA Eligibility Center hosted a webinar for high school student-athletes and their families, focusing on navigating initial eligibility during COVID-19. This webinar is informative for all grades 9-12, but particularly of importance to the senior class with initial enrollment in an NCAA DI or DII school in Fall 2021 or later. Additionally, the Eligibility Center will be hosting a repeat of this webinar on November 7 at 2 p.m. Eastern. Register here!
MUST READ ARTICLES
Tips from CBA Guidance Department
- Work as hard in the classroom as on the athletic field. Solid grades and a rigorous curriculum will greatly help your athletic recruiting process.
- Show involvement in areas other than your sport. Engagement on campus and in your community helps to build a better resume. Give thought and passion to your Christian service projects.
- Give serious thought to how important playing your sport in college will be. For some it may be paramount, to others academics will play a stronger role in deciding where to go to college. Neither approach is the right one as this is a personal decision. It is a different process for every athlete and their family.
- Always have a Plan B. Recruiting sometimes does not go the way one wants it to or there may be a serious injury. Always have several colleges on your college list that fit your academic, personal and financial profile without including your sport.
- This can be a complicated process. Please reach out to your guidance counselor if you have any questions or concerns. We will help in any way we can or point you in the right direction for answers.
Patrick Brennan, Director of Guidance