COVID-19 RESOURCES & RETURN TO SPORTS
The NJSIAA has announced tentative starting dates for the 2020 Fall Sports Season. Christian Brothers Academy will follow these dates for ALL fall sports, including non-NJSIAA teams.
ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
PLEASE CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.
DATES TO KNOW
- Summer recess period extended until August 28, 2020 (CBA does not sponsor any summer recess athletic workouts or practices).
- August 29 - September 13: Virtual Contact Period - fall coaches will be allowed to have virtual contact with their athletes, including meetings, however no in-person meetings, workouts, or practices are allowed.
- September 14: Official practices for all fall sports may begin
- October 1: Competition for fall sports may begin
- The regular season will conclude on November 12 and a limited postseason may take place from November 13 - November 22.
The NJSIAA Sports Advisory Task Force has also identified the following eight guiding principles that will drive the decision-making process.
- Ensure the health and safety of all student-athletes.
- Re-engage all student-athletes as soon as possible for their social, emotional and mental well-being.
- Maximize participation across all sports and all student-athletes.
- Keep competition as local as possible for as long as possible.
- Develop multiple return to play models to minimize the risk of a cancelled season.
- Maintain the ability to pivot to back-up plans when deemed necessary.
- Minimize potential impact on the spring season.
- Minimize the importance of postseason, statewide championships.